Our church is a non-denominational church in the growing Blackman community of Rutherford County, striving to live out the Biblical command to love God and grow His church in number and in spirit. This means worshiping and following Jesus Christ not only through our words, but also through the lives we lead.
The Church of Christ at Blackman began meeting in the late 1800s in the Blackman Academy school building on Manson Pike. On March 13, 1913 the building was destroyed by a tornado, and many of the members dispersed going to Stewart's Creek Church of Christ.
In August 1934 the Blackman congregation was reorganized by E. G. Burgess and Cliff Reeves. They started meeting in the school house on Beasley Road. Preachers at this location consisted of Brother Graves, Harvey Dodd, Warmuth Peebles, William Potts, Robert Arnold and Leamon Flatt.
On May 26, 1973 Mittie Blackman Zellner deeded the 1.1 acres on the west side of Brinkley Road to the Blackman congregation, and the present brick building was constructed. A brick annex was added on the north side of the building in 1984. In 1987 one additional acre behind the church building was purchased.
The first sermon in the new building was preached by Leamon Flatt. Preachers at the present location have included Leamon Flatt, David Walker, Charles Taylor, Terry Davenport, Joshua Pappas, Darrell Ward, Tim Mitchell, and currently Eric Woodrum.